Saturday, 11 October 2014

Folkeston Triennial 2014

Other event I've been to was Folkeston Triennial.

I visited there for the first time.
It takes 1 hour from St Pancrass station to Folkestone.
Looking at the map and walking around Folkestone was fun though it was impossible to see everything in a day.

I took the workshop 'Making connections' by Johnathan Wright.
He introduced us tools he has collected and showed how electric power connect. Tools can be graffiti pen.
We decided to make nodding donkey.
Folkestone is used to be a big port competing with Dover. 
It was targeted at WW2 time. Some of the art works for Triennial were related to WW2.

Speaking of Triennial, I had been to once in Nagoya, Japan. 
I wasn't sure what kind of art festival it was at the time.
So I had been thinking about the meaning of the event through the visit. I assumed that it was kind of reminder for the people who live in Folkestone.








No comments:

Post a Comment